The Series 17 Securities Exam is an “add-on” test to the British securities license, that gives an individual the equivalent of the U.S. Series 7 General Securities license without having to duplicate material already covered in the British exam. Those associated persons registered and in good standing with the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK are eligible to take this abbreviated exam.
It uses the same pool of questions as the Series 7 exam, but excludes questions related to Options, Municipal securities, Equities and Analysis. This exam does NOT qualify an individual to sell municipal bonds in the U.S. To do so, either the Series 7 or Series 52 exam must be passed.
Limited Registered Representative – (Series 17):
100 multiple choice questions | 2 hours testing time | (Form U-4) application form | $80 test fee
Series 17 – SMART 17 on the Web
SMART 17 Interactive Web Training:
- eliminates need for bulky textbooks
- makes the most efficient use of your time, since the content delivery is dependent on your performance
- tailors the training experience to your strengths & weaknesses
The program includes an online textbook that leads you sequentially through every topic, testing you on each major point.
The program dynamically modifies each student’s learning sequence, based on the student’s strengths & weaknesses. If you are having difficulty with a major concept, you’re presented with the information to be learned in a variety of reinforcing methods until mastery is achieved.
Therefore, if you are not having problems with a concept then you’ll move rapidly through the section. If you’re having difficulty you will move more slowly, but you’ll still meet the minimum competency level needed to pass the examination upon successful completion of SMART 17®. We developed this learning approach by combining the most successful teaching techniques culled from 20 years of preparing students for the securities exams.
The learning material covers nearly 900 concepts, arranged within the 7 major areas tested on the Series 17 exam. Each concept includes:
- practice questions with detailed explanations that not only explain which answer is correct, but also explain why the other answers are wrong for the more complex concepts
- a Quick 17 summary – an easy-to-read condensation of the most important points tested — this is nice!
Other key features are:
- mastery exams
- Quizzes that test each of the 7 major areas
- Finals, covering material from all 7 major areas — weighted as in the actual exam
- detailed feedback on areas needing additional study
- full text search capabilities through the Glossary & Quick 17
- “About the Test” – these are tips for passing the exam
- Browser on Windows or Mac OS & use:
- Internet Explorer (version 6 or better, only on Windows) or
- Google Chrome or
- Safari or
- Firefox (version 3.6 or better)
The content for SMART 17® is constantly updated. Changes are added to the material as they become available.
The license to use SMART 17® expires one year after purchase date & is a single user system. In addition, if an account does not show any activity for 60 days, the account will become inactive. Should this happen, an individual account will be reactivated upon request any time during the one year license. Requests for reactivation should be sent to email@example.com. Please reference your order number, date of order, full name & email address when contacting support.
After your order is processed you’ll be contacted at your email address for downloading & authorization instruction.