Series 66 Securities Exam – Uniform Combined Registered Investment Advisor – State Laws Exam
The Series 66 Securities Exam consists of questions covering the Series 63 exam and a portion of the Series 65 exam that is not redundant to the Series 7 test. The Series 66 license is only valid with the Series 7 exam. Even though the test is essentially two areas, a passing score of 75% based on the total number of questions is required.
“Co-requisite” exam Series 7 | $165 test fee (Form U-10) | 2 1/2 hour time limit | 73% to pass
|Test Topics||Approximate Test Questions|
|Portfolio/Financial Analysis & Management||20|
|Financial Profile; Retirement & Educational Savings Plans||15|
|Federal Laws and SEC Releases||20|
|Uniform Securities Act (Blue Sky Laws)||30|
Series 66 Uniform Combined Registered Investment Advisor – State Laws Exam Study Materials:
Series 66 – Exam Study Books
The Series 66 perfect-bound two-volume 600+ page program is designed by a CPA for easy reading and is strategically divided into the major categories of the exam.
- Frequent quizzes are spaced after key concepts that you must know
- A separate book of 10 Final Exams (that are as tough as the real exam) will make sure there are no surprises.
- All questions have thorough explanations…
what’s right, what’s wrong, and why.
- The program, written and designed by a CPA, provides an effective and concise study program for the self-study student. Over 1,100 questions in total!
Series 66 – DATABANK of Final Exams
Designed to complement our Printed Materials, Series 66 DATABANK Practice Exams software is a convenient and effective method of testing your overall comprehension of the material.
Using DATABANK Practice Exams software prepares you for the actual test by presenting practice questions of similar complexity to that of the real exam.
The program consists of tests drawn from the 6 major topics found on the actual exam. DATABANK Practice Exams tests feature:
- Always Up To Date
- Unlimited Quizzes for each of the 6 major topics covered on the Series 66 exam
- 30 Finals, covering material from all 6 major topics
Each question has a detailed explanation that not only explains which answer is correct, but also explains why the other answers are wrong for the more complex concepts.
No two tests in DATABANK Practice Exams are the same — the depth of the question pool (approximately 4,000 questions) ensures that each question you sees is unique. All of the tests are weighted in the same manner as the material in the actual exam.
Requires internet access and will work on most computers, tablets, and smart phones, including Apple devices.
Supported browsers on Windows or Mac OS:
- Internet Explorer (Version 6 or Better) or
- Google Chrome or
- Safari or
- Firefox (Version 3.6 or Better)
Buy both the Study Book and DATABANK (as described above) and save.
Series 66 – SMART 66 on the Web
No Books! No Shipping.
This program is divided into the same “Chapters” as our Series 66 text and includes an online textbook that leads you through every topic, testing you on each major point. The program dynamically modifies your learning sequence, based on your strengths and weaknesses. If you are having difficulty with a major concept, you’re presented with the information in a variety of reinforcing methods until you master the topic. If you’re not having problems you move rapidly through the program!
The learning material covers over 400 concepts, arranged within the 5 major areas tested on the Series 66 exam. Each concept includes:
- Practice questions with detailed explanations that not only explain which answer is correct, but –for the more complex concepts– also explain why the other answers are wrong for the more complex concepts
- A Quick 66 summary – an easy-to-read condensation of the most important points tested
Other key features are:
- Mastery Exams and Quizzes that test each of the 6 major areas
- State Law Midterms, covering Registration & Licensing, Securities Registration, Business Practices, and Administrative Procedures
- Finals, covering State Law Midterms plus Federal Securities Acts and Investment Analysis
- Tests are weighted in the same manner as the material in the actual exam.
- Detailed feedback on areas needing additional study
- Full text search capabilities through the Glossary and Quick 66
- About the Test – tips for passing the exam
- Browser on Windows or Mac OS and use:
- Internet Explorer (version 6 or better, only on Windows) or
- Google Chrome or
- Safari or
- Firefox (version 3.6 or better)
The content for Smart 66 is constantly updated. Changes are added to the material as they become available. The license to use Smart 66 expires one year after purchase date. In addition, if an account does not show any activity for 60 days, your account will be made inactive. Should this happen, the account will be reactivated upon request any time during the one year license. Requests for reactivation should be sent to[email protected]. Please reference your order number, date of order, full name and email address when contacting support.
Series 66 – Exam Study Books + SMART 66 on the Web
Buy both the Study Book and the SMART 65 on the Web (as described above) and save.