Securities Exam Preparation, Inc. is a consulting organization that specializes in self-study exam preparation for FINRA, NASAA, and futures industry exams. Registration services are coordinated for Investment Advisers, Broker Dealers, Commodity Trading Advisers, and Introducing Brokers. “SEP” was established in 1972.
Proficiency exams, administered by FINRA through Prometric Testing Centers, are assigned numbers and are classified into registered representatives, registered principals, and state-required exams.
Registered Representative exams include: Securities Industry Essentials (“SIE”), Series 6, Series 7, Series 52, and Series 57. The SIE exam is a prerequisite to certain FINRA representative level exams. For instance, the Series 6, 7, 57, 82, and 99 exams were modified October 1, 2018 and now require the SIE plus the specialty exam. The SIE exam covers basic securities industry information while the new 6, 7, 57, 82, and 99 exams cover topics specific to those area of securities specialization. Note that NASAA’s exams, the Series 63, 65, and 66, FINRA’s principal exams, and Futures Industry exams ( 3, 30, 31, 32, and 34) are not affected.
Registered Principal exams consist of: Series 4, Series 23, Series 24, Series 26, Series 27, Series 28, Series 51, and Series 53 exams. The Series 9/10 and Series 14 are the NYSE’s Branch Manager and Compliance Official exams, respectively.
NASAA state registration and Investment Adviser tests include: Series 63, Series 65 and Series 66. Note: Investment Advisors are under the jurisdiction of the SEC and the various State Securities Administrators, not FINRA.
Futures industry tests include: Series 3, Series 30, Series 31 and Series 34. The Series 3 is the registered representative/associated person exam, the 30 is the futures branch manager exam, the 31 is for those specializing in managed futures funds, and the 34 is for those who trade in ForEx (foreign exchange).
Registration services are coordinated through Securities Exam Prep’s affiliates for Registered Investment Advisers (RIA), Broker-Dealers (B/D), Commodity Trading Advisers (CTA), and Hedge Funds.
Through Securities Exam’s test preparation programs, and with the use of specialized affiliates such as Pass Perfect and Center for Futures Education, exam study materials come in an easy-to-read, specially designed, self-study format. Besides book format, the Securities Essentials Exam (SIE), Series 3, Series 7, 63, 65, and 66 exam study programs are available online. You can access them via Windows or Mac systems from any computer! The book-style study programs can be supplemented with online practice data banks or in some cases a CD.
All study programs are specifically designed for a self-study approach.
The Complete List of Courses that SEP Offers:
Registered Representative Level
- SIE Exam – Securities Industry Essentials Exam
- Series 3 National Commodity Futures Exam
- Series 7 Top Off Exam – General Securities Registered Representative Exam
- Series 31 Futures Managed Funds
- Series 34 Retail Off-Exchange Forex Exam
- Series 50 Municipal Advisor Representative
- Series 57 Top Off Exam – Securities Trader Qualification Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent Laws
- Series 65 Uniform Registered Investment Advisor Exam
- Series 66 Uniform Combined Registered Investment Advisor – State Laws
- Series 99 Operations Professional Exam
Registered Principal Level
- Series 4 Registered Options Principal Exam
- Series 9 and 10 General Securities Sales Supervisor Exam
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Exam
- Series 26 Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products Registered Principal
- Series 27 Financial and Operations Principal Exam
- Series 30 Branch Office Manager Futures Exam
- Series 51 Municipal Fund Securities Limited Principal.
- Series 53 Municipal Securities Principal Exam